Chapter 1 Introduction
Welcome to use UnionWay software. You could visit us at http://www.unionway.com
24 hours a day, 7 days a week to obtain the newest information about our
products and services.
UnionWay AsianSuite is the first multi-lingual software to support
Chinese, Japanese and Korean (CJK) in their native code page or Unicode at same
time for Microsoft Windows 95/NT or Windows 3.x. Here are some premier features:
- Runs on any version of Windows 95/NT or Windows 3.x. Supports multiple
language simultaneously such as the Chinese system (Big5, GB and HZ Code), the
Japanese system (Shift-JIS, JIS and EUC Code), the Korean system (KSC code)
and Unicode System.
- Supports thousands of English applications including Microsoft Office,
Publisher and WinFaxPro.
- Fully supports Internet and E-mail system including Netscape Navigator and
Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Supports PageMaker, PhotoShop and CorelDraw 5’s Rotate, Fit Text to Path
and other similar functions to use CJK characters.
- Fast CJK text display mode.
- New Chinese input method engine supports ZhuYin, PinYin, English-Chinese,
CangJie, Cantonese, Simple-Stroke, Internal Code, Symbol and user defined
- High quality Roma-Kanji and Kana-Kanji input methods (Japanese FEP).
- Advanced Hangul and Hanja Korean input methods.
- Double byte enabled Edit Controls to handle CJK word break and allow to
change Edit Control's default font.
- Supports all the Windows display cards such as VGA, Super VGA, XGA, etc.,
and also supports all the Windows printer Drivers such as Ink Jet, Laser,
- Provides over 100 high quality CJK true type fonts and CJK true type
- Dynamically adjusts width of space character for Chinese and Japanese
- Provides the conversion of CJK true type fonts to single byte true type
- Supports Mapping English fonts to the DBCS fonts.
AsianSuite 97 is for Windows 3.x, Windows 95 / 98 users only. If using Windows 2000 / XP / NT / Me, please use AsianSuite 2000. AsianSuite 2000 also works for Windows 95 / 98 but not for Windows 3.x
- 100% IBM compatible 386 or higher PC
- Any version of Windows 95/NT or Windows 3.x
- 4MB RAM minimum and 8MB or above are recommended
- VGA or higher monitor
- At least 6 MB of hard drive free space (larger space is required for
installing additional CJK true type fonts)
Chapter 1 Introduction